Already have a Username/Password for European Journal of Human Movement?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Original manuscript, written in English, sent in Microsoft Word format (doc or docx) with single spacing in Times New Roman 10.
- The original manuscript is sent without any elements that directly identify the authors (eliminate authorship from the file in properties). Self quotes must not be eliminated.
- The length of the original manuscript, including tables, figures and bibliography must not exceed 20 pages on A4 paper.
- The running title of the manuscript and the keywords is included in English.
- The abstract in English adapts to the publication standards (150-200 words) insofar as words are concerned and it must include the objectives, design or material and methods, results, conclusions and/or discussion.
- The original manuscript has been reviewed at linguistic level to guarantee its quality (in the case of non-Anglo-Saxon authors).
- Hyperlinks included in the documents have been verified and work correctly.
- The manuscript responds to the structure required in the publication standards (IMR&C).
- The manuscript describes all the sources, materials, equipment and elements used, both in terms of research groups and the comprehensiveness of the study.
- An expert in the area could reproduce its study, experiment, analysis, etc. based on the methodology described.
- All the objectives initially set out are resolved.
- The conclusions are based on the results obtained.
- When appropriate, statistical analyses have been used, and these have been reviewed by a statistics expert.
- The Bibliographic References have been reviewed and adapt in style and format to APA standards, 6th ed.
- The citations within the text correspond to the bibliographic references and vice versa.
- The DOI of all the works in the references is included.
- Where appropriate, the figures and tables provide additional information that is not repeated in the text. The graphic quality has been verified.
- Where appropriate, the unit system used has been reviewed.
- Abbreviations are given after they are first mentioned in the text.
- Where appropriate, the ethical standards used are mentioned.
- Where appropriate, informed consents of experimentation with humans and animals are enclosed with the manuscript, as well as reproduction permits.
- Cover letter (Download here). The title is included.
- The order of signature of the authors is established
- Institutional and/or professional memberships of each one of the authors are included.
- The address of the main author or corresponding author is included, as well as the telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Where appropriate, grants, aid or financial support are declared. Origin.
The originality, novelty of the work and its typology are indicated (originals, reviews and technical notes).
- The cover letter includes an annex signed by the authors assuming responsibility for the authorship and transferring the copyrights to the editor.
- Tables and figures. Each figure of the text is sent in a separate file in TIFF format with minimum quality of 300 PPP, and this is recognisable by its name (fig1.tif)
- Titles of the tables and figures are sufficiently descriptive to be understandable if they are taken out of context from the original manuscript.
- Tables and figures not prepared by the authors include details of authorship at the foot.
- The colours of the figures are sufficiently contrasting to be functional in black-and-white printers.
- In the case of tables, a Microsoft Word document is enclosed where all the tables appear in order of appearance in the manuscript.
This journal is covered under the CC BY-NC-ND license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/). The rights of printing and reproduction by any way and means are the property of the European Journal of Human Movement, and by extension of each one of the authors of the articles.
The names and e-mail addresses included in this journal will be exclusively used for the purposes established therein and will not be provided to third parties or to be used for other purposes.